Tuesday 25 August 2015

before & after // where we dine

“Dinner is not what you do in the evening before something else. Dinner is the evening.” 
- Art Buchwald

The dining room is my favourite room in the house. It features high ceilings, french doors and three windows for beautiful lighting. The light fixture is also a fan favourite and came with the home. I love some of the pieces the previous owners had in here, but we were very excited to make it our own. The end result has a farm house, french provincial feel and style. The hutch was given to us and I used Homestead House milk paint from 3 Sheep Mercantile Co. in Innisfil. It was my first time using milk paint and we just love the end result. It adds a splash of colour against our pale yellow room. A huge mention goes to our friends Scott Parent and Nathan Romp for painting this room for us...four coats of paint later. It took forever to find curtains for this room as I could never find any that were long enough to touch the floor, let alone ones that I liked. I finally picked some up at Pier One... my first time purchasing anything in that store and probably my last! We still need to finish the trim with some quarter round as well as we have a huge wall that we are still needing to decorate.

Before


Working Away


After

























No comments:

Post a Comment